Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Tin Thimble's First Pattern!

So, after a very long hiatus from the blogging world I am returning with exciting news! Mom and I just finished our first pattern! It is for a 1-yard, cut-on-the-bias apron that is just adorable! We had so much fun designing it and we've had even more fun making some up. We have both the pattern and some finished aprons here at the shop and I hope to add some to our Etsy shop soon. It just like the apron your grandma wore, but slight modernized with a lowered waist and not quite as long front.

Well, life has been crazy! We've been having family reunions in the Emergency Room (don't worry, everyone is okay, just pretty normal medical emergencies!), my parents moved an elderly family member home with them so they could care for him, Chris and I are selling my car, mom made Hannah's prom dress (absolutely gorgeous!) and we've all be plugging along with our small businesses somewhere in between.

Aren't they cute? I wish you could see the whole dress. I'll have to have Hannah send me another photo. We had to make Matthew's tie so it would match the dress.

For Mother's day I actually made mom something! I made her these adorable shorts from this pattern. I have to admit I was skeptical about them because of the lack of a zipper and having the elastic and all, but they turned out darling! And they fit mom like someone made them for her! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute couple! Sounds like you've been real busy!

Unknown said...

What you can see of the dress is lovely! Good job, mom. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!! I missed hearing about you! It's great to hear all of your news. And Hannah is just beautiful, be sure to tell her so!