Friday, May 7, 2010

I've Been Busy!

Hello everyone! It's a fantastic weekend for the family and our fiber retreat-ers up in Downieville. Hopefully Emma will make a blog post about their creative endeavors soon. While everyone's up at the retreat however, I've been a busy girl! With the sunshine finally making an appearance I've been more inspired than ever to sew myself more pieces for my summer wardrobe.

Piece Number 7


I previously made one of these skirts for a Home Ec class and the New Look pattern was so simple and cute that I decided to make another one! Although I usually avoid red, white and blue fabrics, I happened to have this print in my stash at home and so I decided to put it to use. And I love it!




Piece Number 8



Yes, I finally finished them. These shorts took me about 2 years to finish. haha. But here they are! And I love them! They're made with a great New Look pattern and our Oasis Organic Cotton. My first pair of shorts! I have to admit, I'm proud. Here's a close-up of the pocket and mother-of-pearl buttons I used. 




Piece Number 9



Although this shirt is a little more......modern (?) than things I usually make, I really like it. I used an incredibly soft stretch cotton knit and a Simplicity pattern and modified things a bit to make it more me. I really love the racer back. It's so light and breezy that I think it'll make a great bathing suit cover-up.



Anyway, that's what I've been up to.  Mom and I have some of our Summer Wardrobe pieces on display in the shop this week, so come in and see them in person! 

-Hannah

1 comment:

The Tin Thimble said...

I LOVE the cover up! Can't wait to see it in person!