Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's like Christmas around here!

Hello everyone,

There are very exciting things happening at the Thimble. Yesterday, we received Amy Butler's entire "Love" line of cottons! They are so beautiful and inspiring. There are so many projects I want to make using these fabrics.




We also received four cotton voiles by Anna Maria Horner!



And I was SO excited that I went home and made myself a shirt with one of them. 



This fabric is so wonderful. It's soft and light and breezy and perfect for so many projects!

On top of all our new fabrics, we have been working on our linens. After the yard sale we scored at, a woman brought in her mother's linen collection and offered to sell it to us. We couldn't resist! And now, our classroom looks like this. 



There's mom at her mangle. Thank goodness for that machine!



So, we have a lot of work to do. We're soaking, washing, drying, ironing, and pricing. Whew! Come in and check out all our new goods, we're excited to show them off. 

2 comments:

The Tin Thimble said...

Hannah!! That shirt is ADORABLE!!! I love it!

katie jean said...

I think some of those linens have my name on them!! Save the wonky ones for me :) And Amy Butler too! You scored :D