Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Not to toot my own horn...


But I reeealllly like the picnic quilt I made for one of Aprils Home Ec Classes!




It's made from our Oasis organic cotton and has a super heavy canvas in the middle. The canvas gives it a really nice weight and makes it a bit more waterproof, perfect to use on dew covered grass! It measures 45" X 45" so it's not too big. I'm really proud of my first quilt!

We'll also be making napkins (like the polka dot one in the picture) for the first Home Ec Class in April. Check on the lessons page for more details.


I was still working on my summer wardrobe this weekend, although I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to. Anyway, here's just a wee sneak peek at what I'm sewin up!


Only a few more steps before they're done! Check back soon for a picture of the completed project.

Mom is in the classroom as I type teaching a Nuno Felted Scarf class and the students are creating beautiful scarves. I have yet to see a scarf I don't like. I'm so glad that we can inspire others to use their creativity.


Emma and I also have a BIG announcement to make...... 


We're having a student art show!! And we're SO excited.

It will be held on our 3 year anniversary weekend, April 9th, 10th and 11th. We strongly encourage anyone who has taken a class from us to enter at least one piece. We're accepting 3 entries from each person (that number may become smaller if we get overwhelmed), and we need those entries on April 6th and 7th. Please call us and tell us what you're planning to bring us so we can plan ahead. Call or come in for more details. Info is coming to the website soon. Please consider entering!! 


Anyway,  Emma, Mom and I say hello to everyone reading this and we hope you're all enjoying this sunny day as much as we are!


No comments: